ACMP Drop-in Month - October 2018
Announcing Drop-in Month
October is ACMP Drop-in Month! This new program is a great way to gather together, meet new friends – ACMP members and others – and work on a favorite piece of music.
An ACMP Drop-in focuses on playing one piece of music on a day that works for you in October. Unlike a Play-in, you will spend the time working with an ensemble of players on a piece you’ve selected and prepared in advance.
Our hope is that players will reach out to other players in their area who they don’t regularly play with, especially new ACMP members or people they’ve met at workshops during the summer.
Here’s how to plan a Drop-in:
- Sponsor a Drop-in! Anyone can host a Drop-in anywhere.
- Select a piece of music that you’d like to explore
- Select a date, time and place – plan ahead to give time for players to prepare their parts
- Invite others to join you – at least 4 – 6 weeks before the Drop-in – specifically for the parts in the piece. If you have a regular ensemble, reach out to different players. Players will sign up in advance. Once you have the players you need, sign-up is closed.
- Let the ACMP office know about your Drop-in and send us photos/videos, which will be posted here, in the News in Brief article, and the newsletter
Have fun - meet new people - prepare and play great music together in the spirit of ACMP.
Photos from the ACMP Worldwide Play-in weekend 2018