Intensive Voice Workshop 2018
Laurier’s Faculty of Music is proud to present Intensive Studies in Voice Performance, a unique workshop for undergraduate and graduate-level singers who wish to pursue vocal studies beyond the fall and winter terms offered by most universities.
The concentration of studies in these two weeks results in significant, often accelerated vocal progress and a well-learned body of repertoire, some of which is performed in recital during the workshop. All offerings are presented within a holistic framework in a community-centred, collegial, supportive atmosphere for optimum growth.
Dates: May 19 to June 3, 2018
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Location: Faculty of Music, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario
Fee: $1,150 + $50 registration fee
Application deadline: February 15, 2018 (applications open soon)\
This unique program is structured in:
- two weeks of concentrated study with emphasis on voice technique and repertoire
- multiple weekly contact hours of individual & group instruction consisting of:
- two hours per week with the designated voice pedagogues
- one hour per week with the assigned coach
- one half hour per week of performance in master class, where students also observe their peers in session with master instructors
- three one-hour group technique sessions per week
- Your Body is Your Voice – integrative body work, including Body Mapping, yoga and Alexander Technique
Recitals will allow further opportunity for performance and the development of the vital relationship between soloist and accompanist.