International Academy of Chamber Music in Budapest
Aims of the Course
- The purpose of the course is to allow adult amateurs access to a very high standard of chamber music tuition, in small groups, in a warm, friendly and cultural environment.
- There is no age limit. Students will receive a minimum of eight chamber music master classes, as well as additional rehearsal time. The instrumentalists are placed in programs in advance according to their levels of ability and personal tastes. They receive a proposal of two programmes (one or two movements of a work each) in two different styles, these programmes having already been studied (sight-read) prior to the course.
- It is also possible to register for the course as a listener (music-lover or relative of the student) with the entitlement to enjoy all the programmes of the Summer Academy.
- Only students and listeners will have a badge permitting access to the Conservatoire.
- The classes will be held in a new building, Szabolcsi Bence Music school, (Budapest, Vármegye u. 9, 1052, in the center of, Budapest, near to Astoria Place) where the students will enjoy the benefit of excellent facilities for their personal work. Many of the studios, most with one or two pianos, are available to students between the hours of 9.0am and 6.0pm.
- Less advanced students can be accepted into a particular class, and accompanied in the concerts by a professional, for a supplement of 15 euros per class.
- Students may stay in nearby city-centre hotels or appartments which offer us preferential rates. We can help and advise you in accordance with your wishes and your budget. Your accommodation could be a bed and breakfast, youth hostel or a 5 star hotel.