Misbin Chamber Music Competition
Washington Performing Arts and Levine will present the fourth annual Misbin Family Memorial Chamber Music Competition.The competition is open to instrumental chamber music students, as well as adult amateurs and adult professionals and will be judged by a panel chosen by Washington Performing Arts and Levine from members of the greater Washington music community. An awards ceremony and reception follow immediately after adjudication.
Applicants may compete in one of four divisions:
- Junior (average age of ensemble is under 13 years old by March 7, 2017)
- Senior (average age of ensemble is between 13 and 19 years old by March 7, 2017)
- Adult Amateur (18 years or older)
- Adult Professional (all members are 18 years and up; all members of the group are either professional musicians or undergraduate/graduate students majoring in music).
- $100 per ensemble member
- Performance opportunities through Washington Performing Arts and Levine Music
- Three free tickets per member to the Levine Presents concert of his/her choice
- Participation in the special workshop “Play-In with the Pros” (mandatory) on Sunday, June 11, 2017
- One free ticket per member to ”Levine Presents” concert of his/her choice
- Misbin Family Memorial Award to the best group with piano (Junior and Senior divisions only)
- Washington Performing Arts Women’s committee award (this award includes all the first prize awards)
Prize winners may be invited to perform at events that may include: Happenings at the Harman, Levine Introduces, pre-concert performances at Washington Performing Arts events, the annual Waterford “Best of Levine” Concert Series and may also include performances at the National Gallery, Millennium Stage, and appropriate master classes. Winners in the Adult Professional category will be considered for a one-year teaching artist residency in Washington Performing Arts Education and Community Programs.
Please e-mail email@example.com or call 202-686-8000 ext.1039 if you have questions about the application process.