Some of the information we collect is Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”). PII, collected only with your consent, may include your first and last name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, credit card and other payment information, and any other information that you provide to us that is linked to your identity. We will only collect PII that is relevant to the services that we provide and the maintenance of acmp.net. This may occur, for example, in connection with subscribing to any of our services, signing up to receive newsletters, responses you provide to survey questions, inquiries you may make through our Web Site, phone or mail and any other information you provide to us. Remember that you always have the option not to provide information by choosing not to use acmp.net or by not using the particular feature of acmp.net for which the information is being collected.
The last form of information we may collect is non-personally identifying information. As an example, we may collect information as you browse our Web Site such as the number of people that visit, what pages are visited and from where visitors come (like Google or Bing). We may also compile this data to enable statistical analysis of our services that would be used internally or with external assistance to make improvements to our Web Site. We may also provide this information to third parties, including advertisers. We may also collect information from you about the instruments that you play and your level of expertise, languages that you speak, your willingness and availability to attend and arrange music sessions and to assist other ACMP members to make contacts, instruments that you own and are willing to share with other members. Remember though that this information is not personally identifiable.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
California Do Not Track Procedures
We respect your choices about what PII we collect and what PII third parties can through us. Therefore, we will follow any Do-Not-Track instructions from your browser and any other direction that you give us regarding collection and dissemination of PII. Note however that any Do-Not-Track or similar mechanism will not affect our collection of the data that you voluntarily provide to us when signing up for any of our services, as detailed above. This is also the case for third parties who wish to collect PII from us about you. Any information that you volunteer to us that is visible to the public could be collected by third parties. So, please do not provide us with any information that you do not want collected.
Our Use of Information
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes. For instance we may use it to respond to your inquiries and otherwise correspond with you, to process transactions that you request, to maintain your account (if you have one), to maintain the security and integrity of our Web Site and services, to conduct market research or surveys, and for the administration, review and/or the improvement of the content of our Web Site and services. We may also use your information to communicate with you about services that we think may interest you. However, we will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications as well as any newsletter for which you sign up.
Our Policy for Disclosing Your Information to Third Parties
Again, your privacy is important to us and as a result we are protective of your information. Except as stated above, there are only three instances in which we will disclose any of your information to anyone but you, as follows:
We do not sell or distribute PII to any third parties except as set forth above. However, all of the information that you disclose in your forum profile, forum posts, comments, music rating or other public portions of the acmp.net site becomes public information. Personal information in your ACMP member profile is shared with other ACMP members unless you specifically direct that your member profile be anonymous. Bear in mind that if you wish to be anonymous, you may not be able to take advantage of some of the functionality of our websites. When you terminate your ACMP membership, we may retain your personal information for administrative purposes but will not display it publicly or share it in any other way.
Access to Your Information
We will provide you with access to PII you provide us for as long as we maintain that information in a readily accessible format. We will also work with you to correct any error in your PII . If you wish to access or correct any PII that you have submitted through our Web Site, or to have us completely remove your PII from our systems, please send an e-mail with your specific request to email@example.com. You may change visibility of your personal information throughout the site and in printed directories by editing your personal profile.
We have in place physical, administrative and electronic safeguards to keep your information safe. For instance, we only allow access to employees who require your information to do their jobs and we use industry standard SSL encryption to secure your data.
Participation in EU and Swiss Safe Harbors
We comply with the EU and Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of PII from these jurisdictions. ACMP has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU and Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by us, please visit the BBB web site at http://www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
You may instruct us to stop sending you certain promotional materials (e.g., e-mail messages, newsletters, etc.) by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in those materials. We may, however, continue to contact you to provide service to your account. Please note that if you use more than one account or e-mail address when communicating with us or participating on acmp.net, you may continue to receive communications from us to any name and/or e-mail address which you have not specified in your opt-out request. You may request that we remove your PII from our database for marketing purposes by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Message Content and Comments
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
All visitor comments and content, including but not limited to comments, may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND THE CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
3. Limitations on Use; Third Party Communications.
3.2. Third Party Communications. ACMP disclaims all liability for any Third Party Communications, as defined below, that you may receive and any actions you may take or refrain from taking as a result of any Third Party Communications. You are solely responsible for assessing and verifying the identity and trustworthiness of the source and content of any Third Party Communications. ACMP assumes no responsibility for verifying, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, the identity or trustworthiness of the source or content of any Third Party Communications. As used herein, “Third Party Communications” means any communications directed to you from any third party directly or indirectly in connection with this Web Site or Content.
4. Intellectual Property Rights.
4.2 This Web site may contain interactive areas which include, without limitation, blogs, wikis, bulletin boards, discussion boards, chat rooms, email forums, and question and answer features (the “Interactive Areas”). You grant to ACMP an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, authorize use of and have used on its behalf any ideas, expressions of ideas, text, graphics, messages, blogs, links, data, information and other materials you submit (collectively, “Postings”) to this Web Site. Said license is without restrictions of any kind and without any payment, permission or notification due from ACMP to you or any third party. The license includes the right to make, use, sell, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works from, combine with other works, translate, distribute, display, perform and sublicense Postings in any form, medium, or technology now known or hereafter developed.
4.4. You acknowledge and agree that your submission of Postings to this Web Site does not create any new or alter any existing relationship between you and ACMP.
4.5. By submitting Postings to this Web Site, you acknowledge and agree that ACMP may create on its own ideas that may be, or may obtain submissions that may be, similar or identical to Postings you submit. You agree that you shall have no recourse against ACMP for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary or other right in or related to the Postings you provide to ACMP.
5. Digital Millennium Copyright Act – Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement. ACMP has registered an agent with the United States Copyright Office in accordance with the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “Act”) and avails itself of the protections under the Act. ACMP reserves the right to remove any Content and/or Posting that allegedly infringes another person’s copyright. ACMP will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, subscribers and account holders of ACMP’s system or network who are repeat infringers of another person’s copyright. Notices to ACMP regarding any alleged copyright infringement should be directed to ACMP via email at: email@example.com.
7. No Solicitation. You shall not distribute on or through this Web Site any Postings containing any advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods, services or funds or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without the express written permission of ACMP. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing herein is meant to limit your ability to connect with other musicians, arrange musical sessions and otherwise further the goals of the Web Site.
8. Advertisers. This Web Site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this Web Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. ACMP will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials or for the acts or omissions of advertisers and sponsors.
9. Registration. Certain sections of this Web Site may require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform ACMP of any changes to that information. Each registration is for a single individual only, unless specifically designated otherwise. ACMP does not permit a) anyone other than you to use or access the Content or sections of the Web Site requiring registration by using your name or password; or b) access through a single name that is made available to multiple users on a network or otherwise. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify ACMP immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Postings in Interactive Areas of this Web Site.
10.1. Postings to be Lawful. If you participate in Interactive Areas on this Web Site, you shall not post, publish, upload or distribute any Postings which are unlawful or abusive in any way, including, but not limited to, any Postings that are defamatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inclusive of hate speech, or would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or give rise to liability or violate any local, state, federal or international law. ACMP may delete your Postings at any time for any reason or no reason without permission from you.
10.2. Postings to be in Your Name. Your Postings shall be accompanied by your real name and shall not be posted anonymously. Notwithstanding the previous sentence, if the applicable registration page for your participation in any of the Interactive Areas allows you to create a screen name, you may also select and use an appropriate screen name that is not your real name, provided that you use your real name when registering for participation in the Interactive Area. Participants in Interactive Areas shall not misrepresent their identity or their affiliation with any person or entity.
10.3. Postings shall not contain protected health information. You are strictly prohibited from submitting Postings that are considered protected health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (HITECH). You are also strictly prohibited from providing ACMP with any “sensitive information,” (which includes, for example, personal information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, or trade union membership) and, should ACMP discover that you have done so, ACMP will remove it immediately and reserves the right to ban you from the Web Site. None of the foregoing shall obligate ACMP to actively screen the information that you provide.
10.4. No Monitoring of Postings. ACMP has no obligation to monitor or screen Postings and is not responsible for the content in such Postings or any content linked to or from such Postings. ACMP however reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to monitor Interactive Areas, screen Postings, edit Postings, cause Postings not to be posted, published, uploaded or distributed, and remove Postings, at any time and for any reason or no reason.
10.5. Non-Commercial Use Only of Interactive Areas. Interactive Areas are provided solely for your personal use. Any unauthorized use of the Interactive Areas of this Web Site, its Content, or Postings is expressly prohibited.
11. Errors and Corrections. ACMP does not represent or warrant that this Web Site or the Content or Postings will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected or that it will always be accessible. ACMP does not warrant or represent that the Content or Postings available on or through this Web Site will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. ACMP may make improvements and/or changes to its features, functionality, Content or Postings at any time.
12. Third Party Content. Third party content (including, without limitation, Postings) may appear on this Web Site or may be accessible via links from this Web Site. ACMP shall not be responsible for and assumes no liability for any infringement, mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on this Web Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief or opinion of ACMP. Further, information and opinions provided by employees and agents of ACMP in Interactive Areas are not necessarily endorsed by ACMP and do not necessarily represent the beliefs and opinions of ACMP.
13. Assumption of Risk. You assume all liability for any claims, suits or grievances filed against you, including, but not limited to, all damages related to your participation in any of the Interactive Areas.
14. DISCLAIMER. THIS WEB SITE, THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, THE CONTENT, AND POSTINGS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. PROVIDER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS WEB SITE, THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, THE CONTENT, AND THE POSTINGS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS, (C) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (D) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS WEB SITE, THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, THE CONTENT, THE POSTINGS, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (E) YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, THE CONTENT, OR THE POSTINGS, OR (F) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEB SITE, THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, THE CONTENT, OR THE POSTINGS.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, THE CONTENT, THE POSTINGS, THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, ANY FACTS OR OPINIONS APPEARING ON OR THROUGH ANY OF THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, OR ANY THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS. PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, THE CONTENT, THE POSTINGS, OR ANY THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, PROVIDER’S SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00.
17. Third Party Rights. The provisions of paragraphs 14 (Disclaimer), 15 (Limitation of Liability) and 16 (Indemnification) are for the benefit of ACMP and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to this Web Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
If you have questions about our Terms of Service please contact us.